How to Care for a Urethane Floor
Urethane Floor Care
To maintain your urethane floor, you should avoid:
- Chemical spillage (strong solvents, paint strippers, battery acid, brake fluid); in case of accidental spillage, wash immediately with plenty of water.
- Dirt and grit are the worst enemies, it leads to scratch the floor
- Standing can wrap and damage the floor badly
- Caustic and hard cleaners
- Dragging furniture or sharp objects
- Do not use vacuum with beater bars
- Severe impact from heavy objects
- Direct sunlight would discolor the epoxy coating by nature
To maintain your urethane floor, you should :
- SWEEP: Brooms with fine, exploded ends trap dust and grit effectively.
- VACUUM: Canister vacuums with special bare floor attachments are the surest way to get rid of all the dirt and dust.
- DUST MOP: Use a good dust mop — one with a 12- to 18- inch cotton head —- and a special dust mop treatment. Spray the treatment onto the mop head 12 to 24 hours before dust mopping.
- Mix an all-purpose cleaning product such as Pine-Sol or Mr. Clean and mix it according to manufacturer’s directions in a bucket with warm (never hot) water. Scrub the floor as needed with a sponge mop or string mop.