Use the sonotube calculator to get your calculations quickly. Circular forms can be a hassle to create, and difficult to calculate in cubic yard or cubic meter measurements. Sonotubes are waxed tubes that are made from cardboard to create columns. To create the columns, concrete is used to fill in the sonotubes, providing durability and permanency. Since concrete is sold in cubic yards, the sonotube calculator is a very helpful tool that will help you ensure you purchase the right amount of concrete needed to fill the volume of the tube. This calculator is very useful if you need to calculate the measurement using Imperial measurements which uses feet units, or Metric measurements which uses meter units. The sonotube calculator allows you to enter the following components:
- Select calculations in cubic yards or cubic meters.
- Sonotube Diameter
- Sonotube Height
- Sonotube Quantity
Your calculations will appear at the top of the new page that loads after you click “calculate”. You can print the results and show them to a general contractor so that the correct amount of concrete materials are purchased.
The following are some important things to remember about sonotube concrete forms:
- When building the sonotube forms, make sure that the forms are level with one another to avoid uneven or leaning columns.
- Be sure that the forms are reinforced and secure from giving out shifting or falling apart when the heavy concrete is poured.
- Always add more concrete than the amount calculated to account for concrete spillage and the below-ground concrete used, otherwise you may run out of concrete.
- Check out the rest of the construction calculators on the site to find other helpful calculators!
How to Calculate Concrete Needed for Sonotubes
Sometimes the best sonotube calculator is the one that is easy to use and doesn’t require us to even know what the sonotube formula is in the first place! But if you want to know the exact formula for calculating sonotube then please check out the “Formula” box above.