Heavy use flooring for commercial and industrial use handles the weight of heavy rolling loads without denting, scraping, or gouging. Easy cleaning and low day-to-day maintenance make our heavy use flooring a great option for high-traffic areas.
Heavy Use Flooring for Industrial Operations
Heavy use flooring not only refers to abrasion by traffic, but also impacting, sliding or scraping, and grinding of small production components into the floor. We understand that your plant floor is a critical tool to production and transfer of raw materials and finished products. We also understand that a smooth transfer of your products makes for a safer operation with lower maintenance costs.
- High volume traffic over small bolts and production part or granular raw material components accelerate wear.
- Repeated restricted traffic generates grooving and a washboard effect.
- High volume and high speed leads to aggressive wear.
- Transitions from outside to inside are more prone to breakdown, caused by additional stress of weathering and temperature changes.
High Traffic Polymer Coatings
High traffic polymer floor coating are designed with tough finishes that stand up to the heavy traffic of both commercial settings and residential garages. The polymer floor coatings have been used for over the past 30 years in automobile repair shops, gas stations, industrial or manufacturing settings, retail and commerce buildings, and most recently in basements.
Features of High Traffic Polymer Coating
High traffic polymer floor coating are ideal for use in basements because the previous commercial and residential garage applications were exposed to moisture saturation similar to basements. In fact, the temperatures and traffic in basements are actually less intense. The features of using these types of floor coatings include:
- Aesthetically-pleasing floor options available in a variety of textures and colors; evenly distributed, slip-resistant, final coat preparations; and high-gloss shine that enhances lighting.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance with high chemical and stain resistance. Most times cleaning with a garden hose is sufficient. If necessary, a mop or foam squeegee with a dilution of ammonia water, can be used. Soap products should be avoided because they can leave a residue that may become slippery when it becomes damp or wet.
- High quality, lasting beauty, and durability with up to a 10-year warranty.
Benefits of High Traffic Polymer Coating
While epoxy floor coatings are still the most popular choice, the latest development is the introduction of hybrid polymer technology floor coatings. Depending on the application, polymer floor coatings can be the better option compared to epoxy floor coatings.
Depending upon weather conditions and ventilation, installation time can often be completed in one day and ready to use without restriction. High traffic polymer coatings also offer UV resistance, superior abrasion and chemical resistance, longer-term durability, less maintenance, and better shine.
Whether the objective is concrete protection in your garage or looking for a durable and attractive flooring option in basements, homeowners will be pleased with the quality and ease of maintenance with either epoxy or high traffic polymer floor coating.
Jordan Group Construction’s team of expert consultants and installers have the resources to solve all of your commercial, industrial and residential flooring needs. We are an independent flooring contractor which means we utilize flooring systems, materials and resources from the best manufacturers in the business.
Call Jordan Group Construction now at 416-857-6928 for a FREE, no obligation quote on your new floor installation or for concrete restorations, repairs and other concrete flooring solutions!
Jordan Group Construction services Toronto and all of the surrounding areas listed below:
- East York
- North York
- Port Credit